Friday, May 29, 2009

Nearly a sneeze.

We went to May and Dan's tonight for a visit, where Essie got to meet Candice and Rich for the first time, as well as the fabulous Sabrina! It was a good time and Essie was her usual mellow, growly self. At one point Maysie said that she hoped we'd be getting some of her growls and whatnot on record, so when we got home I decided to take some video using our camera.

The result? Not so much growling, but I did manage to accidentally catch her making her sneeze noise! I wasn't expecting it at all, but she started as soon as I started filming. If she almost sneezes she does it, or she does it after a big sneeze. Golly, it's cute!

Also, as you can see, putting a soother in a baby's mouth while filming them is kind of hard. Nearly went right up her nose, there. You can kind of hear me giggling about it while she's all, 'get it right, mama.'

2 comments:

KnittyBitch said...

It is a good thing I swallowed my coffee before watching the video. That made me giggle so very much. I love the almost sneezes (our little guy does that a lot). She looks amazing and has filled out so much since I first started stalking you.

One thing that I wanted to recommend to you (and since you are showing in this video that she does like soothers, it seems appropriate to put it here): I know that there has been some difficulty with nursing. My daughter (who was full term with no medical issues) went through a fussy period where she just suddenly didn't want the boob. My cousin sent over these binkys from England, but I have recently found them here (in Shoppers). They are soothers (I believe by Playtex) that are actually shaped like a woman's nipple, and help them to get a better feel for the nipple and what they should be doing as far as feeding and sucking and such. Just a thought, as the hospital let me bring some in for Riley and the LC thought they were just the best thing since sliced bread (they are slightly more expensive, but well worth it if it helps her to get back on track). And I apologize for how X rated this comment is...so many nipples and boobies. :S

Keltie said...

Stalk away! You know I'm doing the same. ;)

Are the soothers the same as the NUK ones? I don't remember who makes the NUK kind, but if the ones you're talking about are different I'll definitely look for them. We bought a couple NUK ones and she didn't like them much.

No worries on the nipples and boobies. Sometimes I feel like those and poop are the main topics I cover here these days!