Monday, February 16, 2009

I do wish I had a pillbox like that.

So I had my first official real nightmare about this baby. I crashed hard in bed last night after the wedding festivities and had a few weird dreams, but this one freaked me out.

Yes, I know other people's dreams are boring.

So, in my dream I totally had the baby and was all, "Baby-having is sooooo easy and painless. I don't really think that hurt at all!" And the baby was so tiny that she fit in a pillbox so that's where I carried her. No wonder it didn't hurt.

I set the pillbox carrier down at some point and TOTALLY misplaced it. It was a pink pillbox, very cute, and easy to spot. When I realized I had no idea where I'd set it down (with my daughter inside) I started to freak out. I knew Andrew would be really pissed off, plus I was extremely embarrassed that I'd misplaced my own child like that.

I searched and searched and searched, but it got pretty obvious that I just wasn't going to find her again. My baby was gone for good.

Waking up was a relief because I know exactly where the baby is for now and s/he'd better stay there for a few more months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the "losing the baby" dream. Right up there with "forgetting you have a baby and never feeding it" dream. I had so many of these and they were terrifying every single time. I would feel guilty forever.

Keltie said...

Before this I mostly dreamed this about pet rats or mice or things like that. Little animals totally dependent on my care and I kept forgetting they existed. I'd remember them when they were nearly at death's door and feed them again, then go through the cycle over and over.