Monday, January 19, 2009

Baby Jeanes has moved from Riverdance to STOMP.

Andrew FINALLY got to feel some substantial kicks from baby Jeanes. We were sitting side by side in bed doodling around on our respective laptops when I suddenly felt a series of no-kidding-around kicks that were quite different from the usual more subtle sensations. I grabbed Andrew's hand and put it where I thought they were strongest and he felt at least three good ones.

I've felt kind of guilty about being the one to feel all the baby sensations, silly as that is, so it was really nice. Yes, I'm doing all the heavy lifting of the carrying and growing of our kid but I'd still like to share the positives of the experience with Andrew and the kicking is definitely the fun part. At this point.

It's comforting that Andrew thinks I'm noticeably showing because I've had more than a few people say that I'm not showing at all and that pretty much just makes me feel like I must be a TOTAL fat-ass or something. (Don't worry if you've said it to me; I overreact to pretty much everything lately, OK?) Andrew is the one who sees me without my clothes so he's the one who can tell the best, I realize, plus I'm still wearing regular jeans that stretch so they probably inhibit the belly, but I just kind of want to look verifiable-y PREGNANT already. If I'd started out wafer-thin there'd be no question at this point, I realize, but at least I've gotten to wear my regular clothes for a good long time, right? I'm down to just a few shirts at this point, and Maysie was sweet enough to send me home with some of her maternity clothes to try out the other night so those plus some shopping on my part should have me set.

On a related note I have to find a pretty maternity dress to wear because our beloved friends Colin and Jen are getting married next month! Hooray! I'm so excited to go and take part, and I hope that the deities of maternity wear will smile upon me and have a dress in existence that will satisfy my needs. I'm not one hundred percent sure what those needs are at the moment other than it being a-line and able to contain my ridiculous pregnancy boobs. Oh, I have not complained here about my boobs and I'm afraid to start because they might sense it and go even more insane. I am afraid of these breasts.

Hmmm. What else? I guess not much else pregnancy related. We went to St. Catharines and Niagara On The Lake over the weekend to visit Jerome and then go to dinner with Andrew's Nana and Grandpa Bill. Seeing Jerome was super awesome fantastic, as always, and we totally fell in love with his house. It's seriously the kind of house we'd love to raise our kid in, just the right size for our needs and freaking gorgeous besides. It has CHARM, people. CHARM. I hope you love your house as much as we do, Jerome!

After that we went to NOTL to see Nana and Grandpa Bill. We met them for dinner at a restaurant/hotel/spa that is quite nice and even though I shouldn't have I ordered the prime rib for dinner. I had to because it came with Yorkshire pudding and ... come on. Yorkshire pudding! I ordered it rare and the chef was obviously incredibly good at his job and sent me a perfectly rare piece of meat. The problem was that it was also an enormous piece of meat and I could barely eat half of it. So I had to take it home and reheat it, at which point it was no longer perfectly rare. Sob. Oh, but my life is filled with tragedy.

Then we came home. The next night (Sunday night) we went to Maysie and Dan's and had delicious homemade pizza and a night full of excruciatingly depressing episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Depressing or no it is the best show on TV, so it's totally worth it. Uh, to me. I had pre-watched the episodes on my own at home so didn't break down bawling every few minutes when we were with the friends, but I assure you that I cried my face off in private. Pregnancy hormones FTW!

No comments: