Thursday, January 15, 2009

Look at the baby!

OK! Here are the ultrasound pictures as promised, just ... late. Forgive me!

Here is baby Jeanes lolling on her/his back in November, head to the left:


Here is baby Jeanes from the front in November, waving at us with his/her right hand:


And finally here is baby Jeanes from last week, from the front as well but flipped in the opposite direction, possibly with her/his hand up beside her/his face:


That last one is less obvious than the other two, unfortunately. I was so jazzed by the end of the ultrasound by how cool it had been to see baby Jeanes spazzing around that I forgot to ask for a picture, so I was surprised when she handed us one. I think it made more sense to me at the time, having just been looking at live images, but it isn't so clear to me now. I do think those are some fingerbones to the side of the face, though.

Baby Jeanes is pretty consistently kicky and wiggly in there. Not constantly, but more than enough to keep me reminded of his/her presence. Especially when I'm on my side. When I move to my back and try to get Andrew to feel what's going on in there the baby calms down a lot, probably because things spread out more and there's more room to stretch out.

Otherwise, not a lot is new in the realm of baby-making. Sickness is gone, heartburn is present, there's some weirdness with the relaxing of ligaments but nothing too notable. All in all it's evening out into the second trimester honeymoon, I do believe. I approve!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It is exciting to get a first glimpse of B.J. I like the first one where it looks like he/she is looking out at us. Maybe it is a boy. The word verification is "scrotsms" pretty close to a male genital word.

Keltie said...

Ha ha ha! Funniest thing I've read today, Mom! And this kid always has its hands up around its face and head, it seems. Probably going to be a thumbsucker. Sigh.

Jerome said...

Hahahaha! I love you AND your mom!

Jerome said...

(And your baby-in-progress.)

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with thumbsuckers! Probably means he/she will turn out perfect like me!

Keltie said...

Mimi, the poor baby probably doesn't have a chance! There was thumbsucking on both sides of the family, you see. It's not the sucking of the thumb itself that bothers me, it's the guaranteed orthodontia in the future. :)