Friday, April 10, 2009

Fatty Fat Fat

Suddenly my baby girl is getting some real meat on her bones! Breast milk must be amazing stuff because that's all she's eating (although they do fortify the pumped stuff at the hospital.) I'm sick AGAIN and haven't been in the NICU for the last few days, but Andrew is taking pictures and really capturing the sudden chubbiness of her cheeks. She's just, just shy of four pounds now. A few more grams to go and she'll have doubled her birth weight!





Craziness. As of today she's in a level 2 NICU! This is big news since it was all riding on her being off the CPAP for good, and after 48 hours with no desats or bradys she's clear. She was supposed to be moving to St. Michael's but they just haven't had the room, so they finally moved her to the level 2 NICU at Women's College. It's for preemies who have a possibility of being downgraded back to level 3. I'm thrilled that she's still at WCH because I really love that hospital and its staff, but I'm also kind of glad because I'm worried she might still need the CPAP after a few more days, like last time, and have to go back to level 3. As soon as a space opens up for her at St. Mike's she's supposed to move, but I'm in no hurry for that.

Anyhow, overall things are good except for me being sick and not able to visit my daughter. It makes me feel so guilty, even if it's the best thing for her right now. Happily she'll be meeting her great-grandpa today. Andrew's grandpa (and much more of his family) is in town for Easter weekend and she'll be meeting a bunch of them. Quick visits, and not everyone can make it who wanted to, but people are finally getting to see her! I want my sisters to come meet her as soon as possible, too. She changes so fast now.

No comments: